ESM Power energise the 132kV site at Troughton Solar Farm.
Covering around 100 acres, this flat site powers over 7,500 homes and saves 10,750 tonnes of CO2 emissions every year.
ESM Power Ltd was chosen for the design, procurement and construction of a new 132kV sub-station to accommodate the 25MW export to the point of connection on Western Power Distribution (WPD) network. Design commenced in February 2015 with construction starting in August 2015 and completed in March 2016. The wet weather in late winter was a particular challenge but we overcame all obstacles to get the project completed on time.
Among a range of works, we carried out the following design, build, commission and handover to the DNO:
· A detailed civil and electrical design to WPD’s specifications for the 132kV metered substation and private substation
· Earth resistivity testing and earthing design
· Supply and construction of the support structure for the surge arresters and three disconnectors
· Supply and installation of a 132kV metered circuit breaker, a 132kV to 33kV 25/30 MVA distribution transformer complete with a 33kV three-panel switchboard
· Supply and installation of a 50/100kVA auxiliary transformer
· Full commissioning including G59
This connection is ESM Power’s second 132kV site and has added 25MW of solar connection to our portfolio.