We are seeking a Tendering Engineer to join the Tendering Team and provide support in preparing detailed bid and tender submissions valued from £250k up to £5m+. The successful post holder will be required to work in close partnership with key stakeholders to include Business Development, Design Engineers and Project Managers to ensure the successful delivery of proposals to both new and existing customers.
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Tendering Engineer within the HV Electrical contracting industry and a minimum of HNC electrical engineering or equivalent and demonstrable skills and experience.
For further information please contact Human Resources on01724 847 325, or to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
- Producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs from LV – 132kV
- Liaising with DNO/IDNO to get design approval.
- Leading on the management of the customer through the design process
- Project cost estimates and reports
- Obtaining technical or major procurement item quotations
- Assisting and mentoring junior team members in their development
- Checking quality and technicalities of work produced by other team members.
Main Purpose of Role:
Producing electrical designs ranging from LV-33kV. With knowledge of 132kV designs being preferable.
Designer to liaise with the customer, DNO and construction team to ensure the design approval process runs smoothly as well as the design construction process. The designer will be expected to assist the construction team in interpreting the designs and will be expected to carry out audits when necessary to ensure quality.
The role will include training of other electrical design team members, checking the quality of their work and carrying out initial sign off.
The design engineer is also as part of his/her role expected to contribute to business development as required by the commercial team for new projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs from LV – 132kV Designs to include the following:
- Electrical Design and basic protection design
- Civil Layout designs and basic construction details.
- managing manufacturer designs and design produced by consultants
2. Liaising with DNO/IDNO to get design approval.
3. Leading on the management of the customer through the design process
4. Project cost estimates and reports
5. Obtaining technical or major procurement item quotations
6. Assisting and mentoring junior team members in their development
7. Assisting the commercial team when required
8. Training/mentoring of other team members
9. Technical and quality check of work produced by junior team members.
10. Taking the lead on project design production, without the need for assistance.
11. Assisting other internal departments with technical electrical advice.
12. Produce regular reports to Senior management, such documentation shall include key performance indicators and a summary of design progress and HSQE targets, in line with business objectives.
Accountability and Authority:
1. Producing high quality designs for approval and construction within time and budget.
2. Managing the DNO/IDNO and assisting with the management of the client through the design approval process.
3. Assisting construction team with delivery and interpretation of designs.
4. Technical and quality checking of designs produced by others.
5. Assisting other team members in their training and development.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
1. A highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
2. Possess excellent communication skills and be confident in a client facing role.
3. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Electrical Distribution Design up to and including 132kV or possess extensive and specialist experience within 11kV and 33kV.
4. Possess a Degree/HND level qualification in a relevant Engineering subject.
5. Experienced in using AutoCAD software
6. Experienced in using Windebut Software
7. Experienced with using ERACS or other Power system softwares.
8. Possess a clean current driving licence