Main Purpose of role
The Project Manager will be responsible for overall project execution and management of delivery teams (internal and external) for defined projects, with full P&L responsibility for their assigned projects.
Responsible for managing all aspects of individual projects, including: sub-contracts, coordinating resources and technical support, managing supply chain issues, compiling a target-cost programme and presenting a monthly review to the Management Team. With an overall brief to ensure on time delivery, in a safe manner and within defined budgets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications and Training
The person carrying out this role is likely to be a highly mobile, motivated, experienced commercially orientated professional with a proven track record of supporting teams in a demanding customer focused operational environment. The ability to work under pressure and achieve challenging deadlines is essential.
Excellent communicator at all levels with the ability to build good working relationships both within ESM Power and with external customers.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel.
· Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
· Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to motivate staff to meet tight deadlines.
· Min 3 to 5 years Electrical Experience within project management on 11kV / 33kV Networks
· Excellent Financial and Commercial understanding.
· Electrical Qualification (HNC/HND minimum)
· Ideally be experienced SAP to 11kV / 33kV, but not essential.
· Supportive team player with the ability to positively interact with both technical and commercially orientated staff, possibly outside own area of expertise.
· Strong organisational and work management skills.
· Excellent influencing and communication skills coupled with the ability to engage with staff at all levels in the organisation.
· Versatile,adaptable, willing to learn and impart skills on to others.
Be able to demonstrate impeccable ethical and moral behaviour, coupled with unquestionable integrity and character.
- Producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs from LV – 132kV
- Liaising with DNO/IDNO to get design approval.
- Leading on the management of the customer through the design process
- Project cost estimates and reports
- Obtaining technical or major procurement item quotations
- Assisting and mentoring junior team members in their development
- Checking quality and technicalities of work produced by other team members.
Main Purpose of Role:
- Producing electrical designs ranging from LV-33kV. With knowledge of 132kV designs being preferable.
- Designer to liaise with the customer, DNO and construction team to ensure the design approval process runs smoothly as well as the design construction process. The designer will be expected to assist the construction team in interpreting the designs and will be expected to carry out audits when necessary to ensure quality.
- The role will include training of other electrical design team members,checking the quality of their work and carrying out initial sign off.
- The design engineer is also as part of his/her role expected to contribute to business development as required by the commercial team for new projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs from LV – 132kV Designs to include the following:
- Electrical Design and basic protection design
- Civil Layout designs and basic construction details.
- managing manufacturer designs and design produced by consultants
2. Liaising with DNO/IDNO to get design approval.
3. Leading on the management of the customer through the design process
4. Project cost estimates and reports
5. Obtaining technical or major procurement item quotations
6. Assisting and mentoring junior team members in their development
7. Assisting the commercial team when required
8. Training/mentoring of other team members
9. Technical and quality check of work produced by junior team members.
10. Taking the lead on project design production, without the need for assistance.
11. Assisting other internal departments with technical electrical advice.
12. Produce regular reports to Senior management, such documentation shall include key performance indicators and a summary of design progress and HSQE targets, in line with business objectives.
Accountability and Authority:
1. Producing high quality designs for approval and construction within time and budget.
2. Managing the DNO/IDNO and assisting with the management of the client through the design approval process.
3. Assisting construction team with delivery and interpretation of designs.
4. Technical and quality checking of designs produced by others.
5. Assisting other team members in their training and development.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
1. A highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
2. Possess excellent communication skills and be confident in a client facing role.
3. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Electrical Distribution Design up to and including 132kV or possess extensive and specialist experience within 11kV and 33kV.
4. Possess a Degree/HND level qualification in a relevant Engineering subject.
5. Experienced in using AutoCAD software
6. Experienced in using Windebut Software
7. Experienced with using ERACS or other Power system software's.
8. Possess a clean current driving licence