ESM Power Ltd are looking to recruit a qualified Electrical Engineer with Senior Authorised Persons approval to a minimum of 11kV. Qualified to an HNC level in an Electrical Engineering subject. Who will be responsible for organising, planning and completing Maintenance, Projects, Remedial and Fault works on customers private networks.
Established in2002, we are a leading UK independent connections provider offering a complete service to our clients for their existing networks and utilities connections. We manage all connections from the design and build of new electrical networks to the operation and maintenance of private electrical networks.
You will be a highly motivated, proactive and flexible individual with excellent interpersonal skills, ready to make a commitment to our business. You should be able to work on your own, using your own initiative, as well as working well within a team.
You will be required to be on the ESM Power 24/7 fault response rota, to ensure that24/7 operational cover is maintained at all times.
· Responsible for the completion of maintenance activities with knowledge of the various High Voltage switchgear installed on existing networks.
· Responsible for the completion of repair activities with the ability to isolate a fault, locate a fault, restore supplies and repair the fault.
· Responsible for the completion of remedial activities with the ability to project manage these as required, ensuring the most cost effective method of completing the works safely.
· Responsible for the completion of Projects with the ability to project manage recognising time to program, cost to budget, quality and safety whilst meeting deadlines. Producing regular reports on progress, professional updates for customer and post completion project review.
· To actively manage all sub-contractors working on ESM Power jobs, to ensure works run to plan, time and budget.
· Conduct business reviews to ensure customers are satisfied with our products and services.
· Being available out of hours for planned and unplanned works
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
· Electrical qualification (HNC Minimum)
· Solid Operational Knowledge of High Voltage Networks
· Sound knowledge of the national HV safety Rules
· Knowledge of 11kV switchgear
· Experience in both LV and HV cable fault location
· Project management experience in asset replacement
· Ability to write switching programmes and to be able to review and approve others
Skills and Competencies
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, contractors and supplier
· Ability to plan and organise works and own time
· Ability to work under pressure
· Capability to undertake own admin related tasks, recording information accurately and completing documentation within timeframes
The role is nationwide, but will be based at our Scunthorpe office.
If you are interested in the above position, then apply directly by forwarding a detailed CV along with covering letter to: email@example.com
Main Purpose of role
The Project Manager will be responsible for overall project execution and management of delivery teams (internal and external) for defined projects, with full P&L responsibility for their assigned projects.
Responsible for managing all aspects of individual projects, including: sub-contracts, coordinating resources and technical support, managing supply chain issues, compiling a target-cost programme and presenting a monthly review to the Management Team. With an overall brief to ensure on time delivery, in a safe manner and within defined budgets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications and Training
The person carrying out this role is likely to be a highly mobile, motivated, experienced commercially orientated professional with a proven track record of supporting teams in a demanding customer focused operational environment. The ability to work under pressure and achieve challenging deadlines is essential.
Excellent communicator at all levels with the ability to build good working relationships both within ESM Power and with external customers.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel.
· Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
· Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to motivate staff to meet tight deadlines.
· Min 3 to 5 years Electrical Experience within project management on 11kV / 33kV Networks
· Excellent Financial and Commercial understanding.
· Electrical Qualification (HNC/HND minimum)
· Ideally be experienced SAP to 11kV / 33kV, but not essential.
· Supportive team player with the ability to positively interact with both technical and commercially orientated staff, possibly outside own area of expertise.
· Strong organisational and work management skills.
· Excellent influencing and communication skills coupled with the ability to engage with staff at all levels in the organisation.
· Versatile,adaptable, willing to learn and impart skills on to others.
Be able to demonstrate impeccable ethical and moral behaviour, coupled with unquestionable integrity and character.
- Producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs from LV – 132kV
- Liaising with DNO/IDNO to get design approval.
- Leading on the management of the customer through the design process
- Project cost estimates and reports
- Obtaining technical or major procurement item quotations
- Assisting and mentoring junior team members in their development
- Checking quality and technicalities of work produced by other team members.
Main Purpose of Role:
- Producing electrical designs ranging from LV-33kV. With knowledge of 132kV designs being preferable.
- Designer to liaise with the customer, DNO and construction team to ensure the design approval process runs smoothly as well as the design construction process. The designer will be expected to assist the construction team in interpreting the designs and will be expected to carry out audits when necessary to ensure quality.
- The role will include training of other electrical design team members,checking the quality of their work and carrying out initial sign off.
- The design engineer is also as part of his/her role expected to contribute to business development as required by the commercial team for new projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs from LV – 132kV Designs to include the following:
- Electrical Design and basic protection design
- Civil Layout designs and basic construction details.
- managing manufacturer designs and design produced by consultants
2. Liaising with DNO/IDNO to get design approval.
3. Leading on the management of the customer through the design process
4. Project cost estimates and reports
5. Obtaining technical or major procurement item quotations
6. Assisting and mentoring junior team members in their development
7. Assisting the commercial team when required
8. Training/mentoring of other team members
9. Technical and quality check of work produced by junior team members.
10. Taking the lead on project design production, without the need for assistance.
11. Assisting other internal departments with technical electrical advice.
12. Produce regular reports to Senior management, such documentation shall include key performance indicators and a summary of design progress and HSQE targets, in line with business objectives.
Accountability and Authority:
1. Producing high quality designs for approval and construction within time and budget.
2. Managing the DNO/IDNO and assisting with the management of the client through the design approval process.
3. Assisting construction team with delivery and interpretation of designs.
4. Technical and quality checking of designs produced by others.
5. Assisting other team members in their training and development.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
1. A highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
2. Possess excellent communication skills and be confident in a client facing role.
3. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Electrical Distribution Design up to and including 132kV or possess extensive and specialist experience within 11kV and 33kV.
4. Possess a Degree/HND level qualification in a relevant Engineering subject.
5. Experienced in using AutoCAD software
6. Experienced in using Windebut Software
7. Experienced with using ERACS or other Power system software's.
8. Possess a clean current driving licence