ESM Power take an innovative approach to complete Thirty Acres Solar Farm
Enerparc is a global expert in large-scale photovoltaic (PV) systems. They deliver reliable and economical solar power to a variety of customers.
The Thirty Acres Solar Farm site delivers 3MW of power.
ESM Power Ltd commenced design work in November 2015 with construction on site beginning in February 2016.
Construction was completed a month later in time for the March solar tariff deadlines. This was within an extremely tight deadline, our work included the design, procurement and construction of a 3MW supply to the new solar farm from an 11kV point of connection on Western Power Distribution (WPD) network.
The site required an innovative approach, crossing an old bridge structure in order to utilise steel ducts to protect the cables due to shallow depth.
Our main work included:
· A detailed civil design to WPD specifications for the 11kV metered substation
· Supply and installation of the dual customer/DNO substation GRP building and associated earthing
· Supply and installation of 11kV metered RMU for the substation and metering equipment
· Manage the adoption agreement
· Full commissioning including G59